Monday, April 14, 2014

From Elizabeth Wilson
April 14, 2014

Nancy,

I heard the news about Gary when we were in the middle of the Himalayas in Nepal last week. We were at the top of a mountain and Tibetan prayer flags were fluttering all over that place. When I got up the next morning, the sun was rising and I noticed these particular flags. As you probably already know, prayers are written on the flags and then the flags are placed in high places so that the wind will spread the blessings all over the world. This particular strand had obviously been spreading its blessings for a very long time, as you can see that it is tattered and faded. Blessings had quietly been flowing from it for years. Just like with Gary. As I watched the beautiful light transform this tired strand into a beautiful sight, it made me think of how his body slowly lost its strength over the past few years but how now, and always, we will feel the blessings that moved through him into all of us who loved him and touched many who never knew him. There will be a big hole in our Thanksgivings together- I will miss his warm smile and hugs, his colorful sweaters, the way he grabbed babies and loved on them so beautifully, the way he looked at you. 
I love you, Nancy. Helen, Margaret, and I will be with you all in spirit as you all gather on May 10 to celebrate Gary's life and all his blessings that still blow in the wind.

Love,
Elizabeth






No comments:

Post a Comment